Today in my math class my class learned a new lesson and that lesson was Box and Whisker plot. I'm so glad that we learned this today because well A) I've see box and Whisker plots before and never really knew how to read them and B) they're very easy to read and do. So everyone wins (well I think.) Box and Whisker plots are good to use if you're comparing data to one another. The activity we did in class to introduce the class to box and whisker plot was a worksheet. With this worksheet it had a box and whisker plot already made and under it had questions that we had to answer. This activity was a great activity to warm up to box and whisker plots. For example one of the questions on the worksheet ask what was the lower quartile. Instead of telling us, my teacher ask us what we thought quartile and we talk about it and said we thought of quarters. Quartile represents 25% of the data.
This activity and lesson was easy for me I just understood it right away. It just made sense not like others lesson I've learned were I just couldn't understand no matter how hard I tried. Statistics as a whole was easier for me and I found more online activities that were great at explaining about the topics and also really fun to do. A website I found for Box and Whiskers plots had great animations and went though the steps of it. If you are having a hard time understanding or want to use it in your classroom I recommend you click here. Whats really cool about this website is that it displayed like you're working on a smart board and you can use markers to write on which is really neat. I hope you have fun using Box and Whisker plots.
Hope you enjoyed my post!
Hello Brenda,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your explanation of the and whisker plot! It was very simply and easy to understand.I do have to agree with you that this statistics is definitely a lot easier than a lot of the previous lessons taught this semester, this just made sense. I have truly enjoyed this section. The website you included by the way is very informative, a great resource for teachers! Good job :)
Hi Brenda,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you explained what a box and whisker plot is what is is used for. Also the activity we did in class and that is it is easy to compare data. I really liked that you expressed your struggle with this topic and and that you understand it now. Good job!
Hello Brenda,
ReplyDeleteI liked your explanation of the box and whisker plot! It was very easy to follow and very informative! Very well done!